Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ght230 <gh...@163.com> on 2016/08/22 15:12:55 UTC

Does IgniteDataStreamer support traffic control

Sometimes the requests to put the data to IgniteDataStreamer are very
frequently, this will cause the Ignite cluster instability.

I want to know does IgniteDataStreamer support traffic control or anything
like backpress(supported by storm)?

Re: Does IgniteDataStreamer support traffic control

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Ignite has mechanism disconnection slow client [1]. If queue of a client is
long, the client will by disconnected from grid.
I do not think, that DataStreamer could lead to server overload.

[1]:
http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/clients-vs-servers#managing-slow-clients

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 11:28 AM, ght230 <gh...@163.com> wrote:

> Do you mean Ignite achieve traffic control by tuning buffer size and
> parallel
> operation amount (perNodeBufferSize(), perNodeParallelOperations())?
>
> Is there any other ways to control traffic control?

Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Does IgniteDataStreamer support traffic control

Posted by ght230 <gh...@163.com>.

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

DataStreamer buffers and redirects data by nodes, in addition it allow
tuning buffer size and parallel operation amount (perNodeBufferSize(),
perNodeParallelOperations()).

DataStreamer can lose data in instability topology if allowOverwrite was
setted as false, but if allowOverwrite is true it works.