Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org> on 2004/02/01 22:21:40 UTC

Re: Releasing 2.1.4?

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> WDYAT?

+1 for me

I'd also like to know your oppinions about using the new
http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/... location to (maybe in
addition for the 2.1.4 release) place the dist (would be
/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/cocoon/distributions/ on
minotaur.apache.org).

I use a script to place all the cocoon block, and the cocoon core jars
as well as the  war and dist files into such repositories (yes, we use
Maven for our project builds and such a remote repository comes in handy
for us). What do you think about placing such jars there as well (I'd
voloteer for this)?

--
Giacomo Pati

Re: Releasing 2.1.4?

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Great, especially if you do the work :)

Ok, I've committed the script into tools/bin/create-repository-jars.sh
(havn't seen the commit mail poping up in my mailbox so far ??) and also
put the 2.1.3 jars in place.

Feedback is welcome.

--
Giacomo Pati

RE: Releasing 2.1.4?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
> >

> > Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >
> >> But: I see a sense in putting our jars there, I'm not so sure what the
> >> use
> >> in putting also the distribution (the src) there is?
> >

> > If you look at the repository structure proposed there you'll have
> > distributions directory as well (BTW: IIRC Avalon has put all their
> > dists there). It's just a (more or less) normed place to put dists at
> > (probably in respect to what Maven has proposed)
>
> After thinking a while I don't know if the mirror mechanism is up for
> these paths as well, so forget it for now.

Yes, this was my concern as well. I think we should just put the jars there
for now.

Carsten

Re: Releasing 2.1.4?

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Re: Releasing 2.1.4?

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>

>>+1 for me
>>
>>I'd also like to know your oppinions about using the new
>>http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/... location to (maybe in
>>addition for the 2.1.4 release) place the dist (would be
>>/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/cocoon/distributions/ on
>>minotaur.apache.org).
>>
>>I use a script to place all the cocoon block, and the cocoon core jars
>>as well as the  war and dist files into such repositories (yes, we use
>>Maven for our project builds and such a remote repository comes in handy
>>for us). What do you think about placing such jars there as well (I'd
>>voloteer for this)?
>>

> Great, especially if you do the work :)

:)

I'll make a bin dir in the root (or should I use the tools/bin dir) to
put the script into so everybody can have a look at it and do whatever
they like to do with it for their personal us.

RE: Releasing 2.1.4?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.