Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1997/07/12 11:42:38 UTC

Help:Please help me ... (fwd)

Anyone want to help this linux usr. A word of warning, based on earlier
dealings he might need more help than this before he's finished.

.. or prehaps someone can point him at a friendly linux newsgroup that'd
be better suited.

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
+1 for a patch which adds helper/FindLib to check for -ldb, -ldbm, -lgdbm,
-lndbm.  In whatever order seems appropriate.

This below isn't just a linuxism ... it's an anything-other-than-bsd44-ism
... i.e. only bsd44 has db stuff in the standard libc.  Whereas the rest
require -ldb.

Dean