Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rory Winston <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 00:51:02 UTC

Re: [vote] Release commons-net 2.0

Hmm, I havent explicitly put the pom.xml under

META_INF/maven/commons-net/commons-net

...I suspect Maven may have done this itself.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 12:51 AM, Rory Winston <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I suspect Maven may have done this itself.

You're right. You can disable this behavior with the following configuration:
      <plugin>
        <version>2.2</version>
        <configuration>
          <archive>
            <addMavenDescriptor>false</addMavenDescriptor>
          </archive>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

/niklas

Re: [vote] Release commons-net 2.0

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On 10/1/08, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/09/2008, Rory Winston <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmm, I havent explicitly put the pom.xml under
> >
> >  META_INF/maven/commons-net/commons-net
> >
> >  ...I suspect Maven may have done this itself.
> >

> But is it correct?
>
> If not, will the incorrect location cause any problems for Maven?

It won't cause problems for Maven as it has put it there itself. In
fact, most JARs built with Maven2 has the pom included as it needs to
be explicitly disabled. Check for example the latest commons-io
release.

/niklas

Re: [vote] Release commons-net 2.0

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 30/09/2008, Rory Winston <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, I havent explicitly put the pom.xml under
>
>  META_INF/maven/commons-net/commons-net
>
>  ...I suspect Maven may have done this itself.

But is it correct?

If not, will the incorrect location cause any problems for Maven?

If the entries will cause problems for Maven, then they must be fixed
before release.
If not, then the problem can be fixed in a later release.