Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Cam Macdonell <ca...@cs.ualberta.ca> on 2009/08/24 18:59:57 UTC

Can't find TestDFSIO

Hi,

I'm trying to run the TestDFSIO benchmark that is mentioned in the
hadoop o'reilly book.  However, I can't find it in any of the jars
(common, mapred or hdfs).

For example, I presume it would be under hdfs, but the only mentioned
test is 'dfsthroughput'.

$ ./bin/hadoop jar
/home/cam/research/SVN/hadoop/lib/hadoop-hdfs-test-0.21.0-dev.jar
An example program must be given as the first argument.
Valid program names are:
   dfsthroughput: measure hdfs throughput

Has the name of TestDFSIO changed or am I looking in the wrong place?

Any tips or pointers are appreciated,
Cam

Re: Can't find TestDFSIO

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Cam,

Looks like it's in hadoop-hdfs-hdfswithmr-test-0.21.0-dev.jar, which
should be built with "ant jar-test".

Cheers,
Tom

Re: Can't find TestDFSIO