Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/20 17:45:58 UTC

How to modify received and rejected quantities of shipment receipts?

Is there a way to modify the received and rejected quantities associated
with shipment receipts?  The company may receive pieces from the
supplier on one day but determine that some should be rejected on a
later date.  The company tracks supplier delivery dates so the shipment
receipt cannot be created on the date when the pieces are rejected
because the shipment received date would be considered incorrect.

I thought that the InventoryItem Physical Inventory Variance form would
handle this functionality but it doesn't seem sufficient because it
doesn't update the rejected quantity of the shipment receipt.  Has
anyone else encountered this problem?

Re: How to modify received and rejected quantities of shipment receipts?

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Christian,

Thank you for creating the issue in JIRA.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: How to modify received and rejected quantities of shipment receipts?

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.
I'll create a JIRA issue to add RAW_MATERIAL return functionality OOTB.

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Nevermind,

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hey Pierre,

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sorry Pierre,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Christian,

What screen/form/field are you referring to? Please state these as they
appear in the source.

Regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Pierre,

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.
I suppose the alternative would be to have the users create the shipment
receipts on the day pieces are actually inspected and evaluated for
rejects but there would still exist the problem of having an incorrect
received date.  If this is the solution then a receiveDate field would
need to be available on the form to be set manually to reflect the
actual date received.  I'm not sure if it would be worth adding another
field to track the actual rejection date.