Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2007/10/23 16:35:44 UTC

[T4] Handle AjaxDirectLink when session expired?

While this is happening in tapestry/tacos, I feel it might be global to ajax/tapestry in general.

1) User has expired session
2) User clicks AjaxDirectLink
3) Application detects an expired session and sends Redirect to login page back to the user
4) Browser receives the redirect, but both IE and Firefox display a "[object Object]" in the browser screen.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
Thanks.
Phillip

Re: [T4] Handle AjaxDirectLink when session expired?

Posted by "Phillip C. Rhodes" <pr...@authsum.com>.
Below is the response that came over the wire.  The HTTP Return code was a "302".  IE reported an "(Error 0x80070005)" in my httpwatch plugin.

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:19:08 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Darwin) mod_jk/1.2.5
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=FD8DB6FDD00F93C4DE1E87A52D6652E5; Path=/dmi
Location: http://localhost:8080/authsumserver/dmi?service=page&page=LoginPage&authsumOriginalUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdmidev.r-effects.com%2Fdmi%2Fj_acegi_authsum_security_check&applicationName=dmi

No, this is tacos 4.0 specific - what are the contents of the response?
I think it was caused due to invalid xml in the response...

Also, try setting tacosConfig.debugAjaxResponseError to true
and see if it presents any more info

Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> While this is happening in tapestry/tacos, I feel it might be global to ajax/tapestry in general.
>
> 1) User has expired session
> 2) User clicks AjaxDirectLink
> 3) Application detects an expired session and sends Redirect to login page back to the user
> 4) Browser receives the redirect, but both IE and Firefox display a "[object Object]" in the browser screen.
>
> Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
> Thanks.
> Phillip

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: [T4] Handle AjaxDirectLink when session expired?

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.