Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Nathan Bullock <na...@yahoo.ca> on 2005/03/07 16:46:29 UTC

svnadmin dump error

Sorry if this a dupe. I posted this email to this
group last night but it didn't seem to get through. I
have now signed up for the group and am reposting.

I am trying to dump my svn repository. But it gets to
revision 482 of 563 and it spits out this error and
stops dumping.

svn: Filesystem path
'FamilyWebsite/PureContent/NadhanSite3.py' is neither
a file nor a directory

I am stumped. I tried running svn recover. That didn't
fix it. I hope there is some way to fix this. I don't
care if I lose this file but I don't want to lose
everything.

I am using subversion 1.0.9 on fedora core 2. I was
dumping it so I could upgrade to 1.1.3 and fsfs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nathan Bullock

Visit my website at http://www.nathanbullock.org

Re: svnadmin dump error

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Nathan Bullock wrote:
> Sorry if this a dupe. I posted this email to this
> group last night but it didn't seem to get through. I
> have now signed up for the group and am reposting.
>
> I am trying to dump my svn repository. But it gets to
> revision 482 of 563 and it spits out this error and
> stops dumping.
>
> svn: Filesystem path
> 'FamilyWebsite/PureContent/NadhanSite3.py' is neither
> a file nor a directory
>
> I am stumped. I tried running svn recover. That didn't
> fix it. I hope there is some way to fix this. I don't
> care if I lose this file but I don't want to lose
> everything.
>
> I am using subversion 1.0.9 on fedora core 2. I was
> dumping it so I could upgrade to 1.1.3 and fsfs.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Apparently your BDB database has suffered mysterious corruption.
Please make a tarball of your repository, put it on a web/ftp site, email me
the url, and I will see if it is possible to manually repair the damage.

Max.

Re: svnadmin dump error

Posted by Andrew Thompson <su...@aktzero.com>.
Nathan Bullock wrote:
> Sorry if this a dupe. I posted this email to this
> group last night but it didn't seem to get through. I
> have now signed up for the group and am reposting.
>
> I am trying to dump my svn repository. But it gets to
> revision 482 of 563 and it spits out this error and
> stops dumping.

Here's an idea:

See what you can learn about that revision(ie, what changed).

Try pulling the revision before and then the revision after the error.
Use a diff program to learn what really changed there. If you can
recreate the exact changes, you should be able to commit those, and then
continue your loading up to HEAD.

Note: Never done this, but the logic makes sense to me...
--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/