Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Zied Hamdi <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/13 15:45:07 UTC

[BeanUtils] doesn't support annotations reflection yet?

Hi,

I have a need to get annotation information about fileds and properties.
BeanUtils is very fast compared to java.reflect (I suppose there's a caching
mecanism). Unfortunately I must pass back to java.reflect to get to the
annotation info. Is it plannd to be done, or may I add it to the wish list
@Jira?
Zied Hamdi
www.into-i.fr
(previously in 2003)
zatreex.sf.net

Re: [BeanUtils] doesn't support annotations reflection yet?

Posted by Joe Shelby <jw...@javaclientcookbook.net>.
Actually, that's really part of a larger question for all of the commons
components - when will versions be developed/released that actually take
advantage of Java5 features?  Yes there are still some legacy Java 1.4.2
things out there, but we've had Java5 for several years now and yet
BeanUtils, Collections, Lang, and several other components are still out
there as if we haven't had 3 *years* of Java5 being available (much less
the fact that we could be be on Java6 by now).

Joe