Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Eran Bartenstein <er...@personeta.com> on 2007/11/11 10:27:42 UTC

Ivy VersionRangeMatcher lower range bug [4.2.0.3,4.2.+]

Hi,

In my version it seems that there is a bug in the VersionRangeMatcher.
In case the found version is identical to the lower version it is being
discarded by the matcher and the jar is not found.
I checked in the code and it seems that there is a bug in the following
code:

In VersionRangeMatcher (L:83)

The following code doesn't return 0 in case the modules (art1,art2) are
identical in content but not in instances:

	private final Comparator COMPARATOR = new Comparator() {
		public int compare(Object o1, Object o2) {
			if (o1.equals(o2)) {
				return 0;
			}
			ArtifactInfo art1 = new
MRIDArtifactInfo((ModuleRevisionId)o1);
			ArtifactInfo art2 = new
MRIDArtifactInfo((ModuleRevisionId)o2);
			ArtifactInfo art =
getLatestStrategy().findLatest(new ArtifactInfo[] {art1,art2}, null);
			return art == art1 ? -1 : 1;
		}
	};

Eran Bartenstein
SCE Team leader

	1 Hanagar Street
	P.O.B. 7188
	Hod Hasharon 45241 Israel
*  	Phone : 972 9 7627734
7  	Fax     : 972 9 7412060
*  	Eranb@personeta.com
      www.personeta.com <http://www.personeta.com/>

Always look on the bright side of life, for:
'you come from nothing,
you go back to nothing,
what did you lose ?
NOTHING'