Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Fuhrmann, Hauke" <Ha...@airbus.com> on 2004/05/27 13:07:05 UTC

NTLMv2

Hi there

finally seem to find my problem: The IIS I want to request web pages from
uses NTLMv2 authentification. I guess, the httpclient only supports NTLMv1,
is that true? As the password hashes in v1 and v2 are different, the
handshake will fail.
Will v2 be implemented in short term?

Greetings,
Hauke Fuhrmann

Airbus Deutschland GmbH
ECYA3 - Cabin Communication Systems & Application
Kreetslag 10
21129 Hamburg, Germany

Phone: +49 (0) 40 743 - 88260
Mail: hauke.fuhrmann@airbus.com

Re: NTLMv2

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.

Fuhrmann, Hauke wrote:
> Hi there
>
> finally seem to find my problem: The IIS I want to request web pages from
> uses NTLMv2 authentification. I guess, the httpclient only supports NTLMv1,
> is that true? As the password hashes in v1 and v2 are different, the
> handshake will fail.
> Will v2 be implemented in short term?

This question has been asked a while ago. See
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-httpclient-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=5973

The answer you are looking for is the last in that thread. (follow links
on bottom of page)

  NOSE applied intelligence ag

  software engineer                 [email] ortwin.glueck@nose.ch