Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nicolas Letellier <ni...@nicoelro.net> on 2008/08/07 01:10:20 UTC

Don't tag selected recipients

Hello.

I would like to know if an option is available in spamassassin. I use
3.2.5 with FreeBSD and Postfix.

By default, spamassassin filers ALL emails.

Is it possible to do not scan certain mails? Or to have a list (txt,
sql) or an option (like whitelist_from) for don't scan (or tag headers).

I didn't find this information in the spamassassin wiki.

Thanks for your help.

 - Nicolas.

RE: Don't tag selected recipients

Posted by Brent Kennedy <br...@cfl.rr.com>.
Couple of things:

SA:
Closest thing I have found to this has been a plugin/ruleset called
shortcircuit which causes spamassassin to stop scanning an email if a
particular rule is hit.  The rules are configured in the .cf file of short
circuit.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ShortcircuitingRuleset

Postfix:

I use this to redirect emails that have been labeled as viruses:
http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html More importantly, note the
comments about the content_filter

Script sample( you will need to modify this script a lot, but it should give
you an idea):
#!/bin/sh
SM="/usr/sbin/sendmail -i"

cd /var/spool/filter
trap "rm -f out.$$" 0 1 2 3 15
cat | /usr/bin/spamc > out.$$
if egrep -q "X-Spam-Flag: YES" < out.$$
then
    if egrep -q "CLAMAV" < out.$$
    then
        $SM quarantine@example.com < out.$$
    else
        $SM "$@" < out.$$
    fi
else
        $SM "$@" < out.$$
fi
exit $?

OR use a second instance....

The other thing I have heard of but have not deployed was the setup of a
second postfix mail server instance that routes the mail for you.... But
that was on a forum years ago and I cannot locate any details atm.

Regards,

Brent

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
No, you'd use procmail. See either http://www.procmail.org/ or a
procmail mailing list. I have very little knowledge about procmail, but
I know it can do what you're looking for, I just don't know the commands
and configuration on how to make it work for your intended use.

Posted by Nicolas Letellier <ni...@nicoelro.net>.
Hello Evan,

I use Postfix, directly with spamassassin. So, I must write a script,
called in my master.cf for example?

Regards,

Nicolas

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.