Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Volkmann, Mark" <Ma...@AGEDWARDS.com> on 2002/01/31 15:12:05 UTC

Log4J date in JAR file name

What's the rationale for including a date in the log4j.jar file name or the
interim drops?

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.

Re: Log4J date in JAR file name

Posted by Mark Volkmann <vo...@charter.net>.
Log4J date in JAR file nameC'mon guys. I'm betting there's some good reason why log4j.jar in the interim drops includes a date in the name. I'd just like to hear what it is. Can someone please tell me?

If there is a good reason, why aren't other JARs like clutil and wsdl4j dated? If there isn't a good reason then I'd like it to be named simply log4j.jar or log4j-core.jar.
  What's the rationale for including a date in the log4j.jar file name or the interim drops?