Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marc Driftmeyer <md...@yahoo.com> on 2008/09/11 01:06:24 UTC

Cocoon 3.0 overview statement error:

Apache Cocoon 3

Apache Cocoon 3 is a major rewrite of Cocoon 2.2. Like Cocoon 2 it is based around the concept of pipelines and sitemaps and it is very similar to Cocoon 2.2 in many respects but is slimed[slimmed] down and designed to be easily usable from[suggestion: manageable] within plain Java environments. On top of this Cocoon 3 has the goal of becoming the best available platform for RESTful webservices and web applications.- Marc

Re: Cocoon 3.0 overview statement error:

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Marc Driftmeyer wrote:
> If you're interested in having someone pitch in on documentation just
> let me know. I can always spare some time to look at english and  offer
> clarifications.

Thanks for the great offer! I've started to write some docs about the
pipeline module and I will let you know as soon as I have a substantial
amount of content.

Re: Cocoon 3.0 overview statement error:

Posted by Marc Driftmeyer <md...@yahoo.com>.
If you're interested in having someone pitch in on documentation just let me know. I can always spare some time to look at english and  offer clarifications.- Marc

> Apache Cocoon 3 is a major rewrite of Cocoon 2.2. Like Cocoon 2 it is
> based around the concept of pipelines and sitemaps and it is very
> similar to Cocoon 2.2 in many respects but is *slimed*[*slimmed*] down
> and designed to be *easily **usable from**[suggestion: manageable]
> within plain Java environments*. On top of this Cocoon 3 has the goal of
> becoming the best available platform for *RESTful webservices *and web
> applications.

Hi Marc,

I've already updated the website with your corrections and rephrased it
slightly. Sorry that this took so long but I was on vacation and I
hardly followed the mailing lists.

Thank you very much!

Re: Cocoon 3.0 overview statement error:

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
solprovider@apache.org wrote:
> On 9/11/08, Marc Driftmeyer <md...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> What exactly is a non-plain Java environment?
>> - Marc
>
> "Plain" implies POJO (Plain Old Java Objects.)  I hope a plain Java
> environment means any Java environment, usable as just a JAR and
> programmable with very few lines of code.  A non-plain Java
> environment would require J2EE, Spring, Struts, Swing, or some other
> framework.  My suggestion is:
> easily usable from within any Java environment ->
> easily used with any Java code -- no frameworks required.

good suggestion. I've already done the changes in SVN.

> The revisions are now bold.  Was emphasis intended?

yes

> On Cocoon's homepage: The link for the Cocoon 3.0 announcement
> (currently the first News entry) is:
>    http://cocoon.apache.org/NO_LINK
> linking to an error page.  This should link either to a News article
> or the Cocoon 3 homepage.

Thanks for spotting this problem. I'll check ...

Re: Cocoon 3.0 overview statement error:

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 9/11/08, Marc Driftmeyer <md...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What exactly is a non-plain Java environment?
> - Marc

"Plain" implies POJO (Plain Old Java Objects.)  I hope a plain Java
environment means any Java environment, usable as just a JAR and
programmable with very few lines of code.  A non-plain Java
environment would require J2EE, Spring, Struts, Swing, or some other
framework.  My suggestion is:
easily usable from within any Java environment ->
easily used with any Java code -- no frameworks required.

The revisions are now bold.  Was emphasis intended?

On Cocoon's homepage: The link for the Cocoon 3.0 announcement
(currently the first News entry) is:
   http://cocoon.apache.org/NO_LINK
linking to an error page.  This should link either to a News article
or the Cocoon 3 homepage.

solprovider

Re: Cocoon 3.0 overview statement error:

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Sep 11, 2008, at 7:44 PM, Marc Driftmeyer wrote:

> What exactly is a non-plain Java environment?

Yeah, it's not the greatest phrase.  I didn't find fault with it,
though, because I couldn't think of a better one.  Maybe "easily
embeddable in other Java projects", or just plain old "easily
embeddable".

—ml—

Re: Cocoon 3.0 overview statement error:

Posted by Marc Driftmeyer <md...@yahoo.com>.

On Sep 10, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Marc Driftmeyer wrote:

Apache Cocoon 3

Apache Cocoon 3 is a major rewrite of Cocoon 2.2. Like Cocoon 2 it is based around the concept of pipelines and sitemaps and it is very similar to Cocoon 2.2 in many respects but is slimed[slimmed] down
:-) :-)
and designed to be easily usable from[suggestion: manageable]
suggestion: "embeddable"

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Sep 10, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Marc Driftmeyer wrote:

> Apache Cocoon 3
>
> Apache Cocoon 3 is a major rewrite of Cocoon 2.2. Like Cocoon 2 it
> is based around the concept of pipelines and sitemaps and it is very
> similar to Cocoon 2.2 in many respects but is slimed[slimmed] down

:-) :-)

> and designed to be easily usable from[suggestion: manageable]

suggestion: "embeddable"

> within plain Java environments. On top of this Cocoon 3 has the goal
> of becoming the best available platform for RESTful webservices and
> web applications.

—ml—