Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de> on 2006/02/15 16:36:53 UTC

[Shale] Dialog

Hi,

a while back, there was a discussion regarding annotation based dialog
stuff (started by David or Gary ?).

I just found an interesting article about integration of Beehive's
PageFlow into JavaServer Faces ([1]).

Perhaps interesting for some of you as well. However, some stuff looks
similar to Shale's ViewHandler stuff ... :)

Regards,
Matthias

[1] - http://dev2dev.bea.com/pub/a/2005/12/integrating-jsf-beehive.html

Re: [Shale] Dialog

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 2/15/06, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de> wrote:

> > Definitely interesting.  There are some overlaps with  what Shale does,
> > especially in the Shale Tiger Extensions[1] feature that lets you use
> > annotations to register components/converters/validators, define view
> > controllers, and declare managed beans.
>
> Right! That was what I was thinking first. But IMHO I like more the
> Shale way, since you don't need no interface or superclass.
>
> > You will notice that annotated navigation is not on that list ... and
>
> Really ? I have to search my older struts dev email. I am thinking,
> I have seen something like that in this list.

You're undoubtedly correct  in remembering that the idea of annotated
navigation was proposed ... but you'll also find that my reply was "I'm not
a believer" :-)

-Matthias

Craig

Re: [Shale] Dialog

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
> Really ? I have to search my older struts dev email. I am thinking,
> I have seen something like that in this list.

Ok... I found, what I was searching for...

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@struts.apache.org/msg16633.html

Making the dialog facility easier by "convention over config".

You got me :-) I guess I mixed some ideas, since you mentioned the tiger
extension... Anyway,  the emails are *old* December is looooong time
ago ;-)

Regards,
Matthias

Re: [Shale] Dialog