Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net> on 2001/09/05 18:59:18 UTC

Tomcat 4 build from CVS this morning, bugs in request cookie handling?

I built Tomcat 4 from CVS this morning and it looks like there may be a problem
in how it is handling cookies, especially the JSESSIONID cookie.  The HttpServletRequest
seems to no longer recognize that the session came from a cookie.

To verify this, install the jakarta-taglibs request-examples.war as a webapp.
Resubmit the request.jsp page several times.  At the bottom it does tests for
things in the request such as isRequestedSessionIdValid and isRequestedSessionFromCookie.
These continue to be false even after multiple requests for request.jsp.

I saw this problem in another application, then used the request-examples.war to
verify it.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: Tomcat 4 build from CVS this morning, bugs in request cookiehandling?

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
I rebuilt Tomcat 4 from CVS after your commits today and sessions are working
correctly.

Thanks Craig!

Glenn

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 11:59:18 -0500
> From: Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
> To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Tomcat 4 build from CVS this morning,
>      bugs in request cookie handling?
>
> I built Tomcat 4 from CVS this morning and it looks like there may be a problem
> in how it is handling cookies, especially the JSESSIONID cookie.  The HttpServletRequest
> seems to no longer recognize that the session came from a cookie.

A regression caused by the URL encoding change yesterday.  I just checked
in a patch that will fix this in tonight's nightly build (or current CVS
sources).

> Glenn

Craig