Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/22 07:30:50 UTC

[QUESTION]Is it OK to apply customized DOJO to geornimo from legal perspective ?

We rebuild dojo locally to only include the dojo components geronimo console
needs. It's a popular method to use dojo.   It will reduce server size,
startup time,and page loading time.   I don't know if we have any problem to
apply the patch[1] from legal's perspective.

I think we can't host these customized dojo source code,  but we could use
the way we did to dojo legacy[2]. to put customized dojo binary to local
repository.   And then include it to portal-driver or console-core at build
time.

Thoughts ?

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.1.6/repository

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-5674

[2]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/2.1.6/repository/org/dojotoolkit/dojolegacy/0.4.3/

--
Shawn

Re: [QUESTION]Is it OK to apply customized DOJO to geornimo from legal perspective ?

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Kevan,

Just committed the patch to turnk@1138711

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.