Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com> on 2010/10/28 09:16:17 UTC

Markdown / Jekyll experts?

I have a question for those more familiar with Jekyll and/or Markdown.  The
following page is not displaying nested lists properly:
http://wicket.apache.org/contribute/release.html (look at the second bullet
under "releasing Apache Wicket 1.4.x" - where it says "* you can use JIRA
for this....")  The "* you can use JIRA for this" should be a nested list.
 The syntax I'm using tests out fine in
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/dingus but it's not working in
Jekyll for me.

Note, you can see the Markdown source here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/common/site/trunk/contribute/release.md

Is it that Jeykll isn't using standard Markdown syntax?  Everywhere I look
for Markdown verifiers, this syntax works, but not in my Jekyll site.  I've
tried using hyphens rather than asterisks, and that didn't work either.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com

Re: Markdown / Jekyll experts?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
probably a bug in the markdown parser. iirc I had to switch earlier to
support the code fragments in the lists. The solution might be not
using a list for it at all?

Martijn