Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Cruz, Edward J." <e....@radium.ncsc.mil> on 2005/02/15 17:03:26 UTC

Validator, Indexed Properties and error messages.

Hello all,

	In review various documentation and several google search's I have
found how to use the validator framework to validate indexed properties.  In
looking at the javadocs for the validator framework I see that the field
class has an attribute called 'property' which (I think) tells the validator
what property to associate any error message encountered during validation.

My question is how do we associate the indexed properties error messages
with different properties in the errors queue?

For instance, if I have an indexed property that represents a list of items
is there anyway to associate any error message for item 1 in the list using
the property field.  I want something like itemX as the property when the
ActionMessage is placed into the queue as the property where the X
represents the index of the item that the error happened on?

Thanks for any Help

Jamie Cruz
Software Engineering