Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by jude <fl...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/26 22:23:58 UTC

[DISCUSS]How to measure performance going forward

Going forward how should we measure performance?

For example, and from an earlier thread,

1. How do you test how long it takes to render an item renderer?
2. How do you test how long it takes to render a component for example, a
Label component from the moment you set the text to the completion of all
measurements and layout?
3. How to test how long it takes to create a component?

Also, what was the process when optimizing the mobile components in Flex
4.6?

Also, is there a more precise call than getTimer()?

Also, since Flex defers creation of UI Components is there a way to turn
that off for measurement? I mean it looks like
LayoutManager.getInstance().validateClient() is doing something like that.

Jude