Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by "P.V.Anthony" <pv...@singnet.com.sg> on 2008/10/03 08:41:23 UTC

Re:[Solved but] need help with 64bit Apache2::Request

adam.prime@utoronto.ca wrote:

> My machines are not using hardened, and both have gcc 4.1.2 (gentoos
> 4.1.2 p1.1)  That line should actually be LoadModule, not Load Module too.

Thanks and noted.

> I have it running on an AMD BE-2350, and an AMD Turion MK-36.  Apache,
> mod_perl and libapreq are all built from source (not from portage).  I
> wouldn't think that it'd be gcc unless perhaps apache and libapreq were
> built with different version of gcc (which doesn't sound likely).

Managed to solve the problem by using a different profile for gcc. Used
the following gcc, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6-vanilla. Without the hardening.

Now the question is, is this a bug for gentoo-hardened? Should it not
work with gcc profile, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6, the hardened gcc?

Please share your comments.

P.V.Anthony

Re:[Solved but] need help with 64bit Apache2::Request

Posted by ad...@utoronto.ca.
Quoting "P.V.Anthony" <pv...@singnet.com.sg>:
> Managed to solve the problem by using a different profile for gcc. Used
> the following gcc, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6-vanilla. Without the hardening.
>
> Now the question is, is this a bug for gentoo-hardened? Should it not
> work with gcc profile, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6, the hardened gcc?
>
> Please share your comments.

My guess would be yes, but that question would probably be better
asked of that team that maintains the hardened profile i guess.

adam