Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Sylvain Marcadal <sm...@gfi.fr> on 2011/07/21 12:02:50 UTC

Qpid 0.10 How to send large messages

Hello,

We are trying to send large messages using JMS API.
The current API uses BytesMessages that load the content of the message
in memory, leading to an OutOfMemory Exception.
I would like to give the payload as an inputstream instead of a
bytebuffer. Is it possible ? Or is there an another way like in
ActiveMQ[1] or Jboss[2] ?

When I say large messages, I'm talking of messages that could be about
4GB or more. (This is fixed be the receiver application, we can't chunk
the message).
Best regards,

Sylvain.

[1]http://activemq.apache.org/jms-streams.html
[2]http://docs.jboss.org/jbossmessaging/docs/usermanual-2.0.0.beta1/html/large-messages.html#large-messages.streaming.over.jms

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Qpid 0.10 How to send large messages

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 07/21/2011 11:02 AM, Sylvain Marcadal wrote:
> We are trying to send large messages using JMS API.
> The current API uses BytesMessages that load the content of the message
> in memory, leading to an OutOfMemory Exception.
> I would like to give the payload as an inputstream instead of a
> bytebuffer. Is it possible ? Or is there an another way like in
> ActiveMQ[1] or Jboss[2] ?

No, there is nothing built in to do that.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org