Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by "yuan111zh1ong1111@outlook.com" <yu...@outlook.com> on 2022/03/29 01:51:20 UTC

BUG?

I want to use iceberg's merge small files function, but when I run it, it says [bug], is the merge small files function not available yet?

Re: BUG?

Posted by Ajantha Bhat <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Which query engine are you using with Iceberg?
Without screenshots or error messages it is hard to get the full context.

If it is Spark, you can refer to the document below for compaction.
https://iceberg.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-procedures/#rewrite_data_files

Also, feel free to join Iceberg slack for getting quick help ->
https://join.slack.com/t/apache-iceberg/shared_invite/zt-tlv0zjz6-jGJEkHfb1~heMCJA3Uycrg

Thanks,
Ajantha