Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ed Young <ej...@summitbid.com> on 2009/02/06 02:26:38 UTC

eclipse: SCM provider is not available

When trying to import a maven project from scm I get the above error:

File->Import->Other->Checkout Maven projects from SCM

I get a dialog to enter the SCM Url. and a drop down to select the SCM
provider, however there are no options to select.

I have tried forcing the issue with
scm:*svn*:https://buildbox/svn/repository/project4/trunk

but it fails with the above error displaying in the console.

I've installed all relevant plugins for eclipse/svn that I know of...

Any ideas?

Re: eclipse: SCM provider is not available

Posted by Ed Young <ej...@summitbid.com>.
That did the trick!

Thanks for the tip. There was a codehaus m2eclipse in my config before I
added the sonatype one.

Will this sonatype m2eclipse conflict with the codehaus one?

...I just looked again and I don't see the codehaus url anymore...Did the
sonatype one obsolete it or something?

Confused...

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru> wrote:

>  Make sure you have one of the following m2eclipse features [1] installed:
>
> * Maven SCM Integration
> * Maven SCM handler for Subclipse
> * Maven SCM handler for Subversive
>
>  I suppose it may make sense to include the default Maven SCM handler into
> the core feature, but that would increase the minimum download size.
>
>  regards,
>  Eugene
>
> [1]
>
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Installation+Requirements#InstallationRequirements-MavenIntegration
>

> Edderd wrote:
> >
> > When trying to import a maven project from scm I get the above error:
> >
> > File->Import->Other->Checkout Maven projects from SCM
> >
> > I get a dialog to enter the SCM Url. and a drop down to select the SCM
> > provider, however there are no options to select.
> >
> > I have tried forcing the issue with
> > scm:*svn*:https://buildbox/svn/repository/project4/trunk
> >
> > but it fails with the above error displaying in the console.
> >
> > I've installed all relevant plugins for eclipse/svn that I know of...
> >
> > Any ideas?

- Ed

Re: eclipse: SCM provider is not available

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.