Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Bailey <ch...@wego.com> on 2001/04/12 02:13:12 UTC

stdout/err logging - how?

I've seen this topic come up in the past on the list, and searched the
archives, but...  I cannot seem to have my stdout written to a log file
(nor does it show up in the console window).  I'm on RedHat 6.2, Tomcat
3.2.1, Apache 1.3.19, mod_jk.  I have the Logger's in server.xml set to
DEBUG verbosity, and with path statements.  But, nothing gets spit into
those log files (well, at least not my System.out.println's and such).
Also, I tried one of the suggestions I saw in the list's archives, about
setting up a file and redirecting System.out and System.err to that (via
System.setOut(), etc.).  While the file gets created, nothing gets sent
to it.

What's the story on this?  This seems really pathetic that such a simple
need appears to be so hard to make work in Tomcat.  I'm hoping someone
can straighten this out for me.

--
Chris Bailey            chrisb@wego.com
Wego Systems            http://www.wego.com