Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Neu <pe...@gmx.net> on 2006/02/13 13:10:53 UTC

How to use cocoon servlet only for rendering documents?

Hello,

I have the use case that I want to combine Cocoon with another framework say
Struts. I want to do all the web front end work with Struts and do the
rendering of pdf, xml, excel etc with Cocoon. Thus I want pass parameters
to the Cocoon servlet and then let cocoon query data from the database and
then render the stuff. I would only need the functionality to render the
documents and then use the SQLTransformer. Is this possible?

I heared some talk about the Paranoid cocoon servlet but I don't really
understand how this fits in. Can somebody please explain or tell me where to

find information on this?

Cheers,
Pete