Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Ron Reisor <ro...@UDel.Edu> on 2004/03/31 22:21:50 UTC

bsddb Session

I've been using a small class derived from Session.BaseSession that stores
session data in a bsddb file.  The advantage is it can store a lot more
data per session than anydbm.  Any interest in adding this to mod_python?

cheers,

Ron

Ron Reisor <ro...@udel.edu> (RWR3)
University of Delaware Information Technologies/Network and Systems Services
Computing Center/192 South Chapel Street/Newark DE, 19716
pgp finger print: 0D 73 06 6F D3 6A 99 D3  F5 D5 6E FF 3B B9 7C 2C

Re: bsddb Session

Posted by Ron Reisor <ro...@UDel.Edu>.
Oh, sorry, I didn't make this very clear.

anydbm would use the built-in bsd db.  But this new class uses the bsddb3
Python interface to bsd db 3 or 4 and allows bigger sessions.

Now that you mention it, maybe it's just a bug that anydbm couldn't
handle more than about 4k bytes, but I remember deciding it was a
limitation of using db1.85. I'd rather throw this class away if the anydbm
class can handle the session data.

Ron

Re: bsddb Session

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.