Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Henning Rohde <he...@google.com> on 2018/05/09 01:13:42 UTC

Go SDK integration tests

Hi everyone,

 I'm currently tinkering with adding integration tests for Go (BEAM-3827)
and wrote down a small proposal to that end:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jy6EE7D4RjgfNV0FhD3rMsT1YKhnUfcHRZMAlC6ygXw/edit?usp=sharing

Similarly to other SDKs, the proposal is to add self-validating integration
tests that don't produce output. But unlike Java, we can't easily reuse the
Go example code directly and use a driver program with all tests linked in
to run against an arbitrary runner.

Comments welcome!

Thanks,
 Henning

Re: Go SDK integration tests

Posted by Henning Rohde <he...@google.com>.
Thanks Kenn. For now, the idea is just to have something (wordcount!)
running -- but the Go integration test suite should ideally cover the whole
Go implementation. The difference from ValidatesRunner tests is that it
targets SDK harness coverage, not runner coverage, although there is
substantial overlap. In practice, it'll likely serve both purposes.

Re: Go SDK integration tests

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.