Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2010/08/18 13:20:35 UTC

Framework for Testing Serialization

Hi guys,

for Apache MyFaces I am looking for some serialization testing and
came accross this document:

http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/classlibrary/ser_testing.html

I am wonder what's the state there?

Thx!
Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: Framework for Testing Serialization

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 18/Aug/2010 12:20, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> for Apache MyFaces I am looking for some serialization testing and
> came accross this document:
>
> http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/classlibrary/ser_testing.html
>
> I am wonder what's the state there?

We have a number of serialization tests in Harmony.  You might want to
follow through a few examples and see how they use the framework defined
in [1].

Briefly, our JUnit tests are grouped by implementation classes, and
contain calls to:

    SerializationTest.verifySelf(<an instance>);
and
    SerializationTest.verifyGolden(this, <an instance>);

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/java/trunk/classlib/support/src/test/java/tests/util/SerializationTester.java

Regards,
Tim

Re: Framework for Testing Serialization

Posted by Regis <xu...@gmail.com>.
On 2010-08-18 19:20, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> for Apache MyFaces I am looking for some serialization testing and
> came accross this document:
>
> http://harmony.apache.org/subcomponents/classlibrary/ser_testing.html
>
> I am wonder what's the state there?
>
> Thx!
> Matthias

We are using it for our serialization testing. The mentioned class could be
found here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/harmony/enhanced/java/branches/java6/classlib/support/src/test/java/org/apache/harmony/testframework/serialization/SerializationTest.java

--
Best Regards,