Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Christopher Hammack <ch...@fadedsky.com> on 2008/12/02 17:13:33 UTC

Memory leak in FileConsumer in Camel 1.5.0

Using a memory profiler, we've identified what appears to be a substantial
memory leak in FileConsumer in Camel 1.5.0.  It appears that the noopMap is
constantly having items added to it, but nothing performs a remove on it
when the file is consumed.  This causes a very large amount of string data
to be accumulated in the heap.  In our application, this was a leak of
several hundred megabytes and is a showstopper.   Considering the apparent
severity of this issue, it would really be nice if a fix could be
incorporated into a 1.5.1 version.

Thanks.

Re: Memory leak in FileConsumer in Camel 1.5.0

Posted by Christopher Hammack <ch...@fadedsky.com>.
Claus,

I applied changeset 722808 to my copy of 1.5.0 and it does appear to use
considerably less memory after one hour of operation.

Thanks,

-cnh

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Chris