Posted to commits@harmony.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/08/18 11:19:48 UTC

[Harmony Wiki] Update of "Policytool" by AndrasBelicza

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Harmony Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by AndrasBelicza:
http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Policytool

      '''policytool -file filename'''

+ It is compatible with Sun's policytool, and comes with some new feature:
- It is compatible with Sun's policytool, and comes with a new feature: viewing and editing the policy file directly in a built-in text editor (text area with synchronized content with the well-known GUI).
+  *Viewing and editing the policy file directly in a built-in text editor (text area with synchronized content with the well-known GUI).
+  *Parses and remembers comments between policy entries in the policy file/text. Sun's policytool takes out all comments...
+  *The warning log dialog is non-modal which is a lot more useful here because we support direct editing, and switching between the editor panels can generate errors/warnings frequently (not just when opening a new file or validating form values). The warning log can be open while we edit the policy text in any editor. If we use the "View warnign Log" menu while it's visible, it will be centered again.

  The UI of the original policytool looks quite simple as it does not uses swing components or any other external libraries. Policytool is implemented with swing therefore giving a richer UI:
   *buttons and menus with mnemonics