Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Dan Dong <do...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/07 22:02:24 UTC

Network setup questions.

Hi, all,
  I have a simple network setup in my cloud as:
1. Management server have 2 NICs:
           em2 pointing outside with 10.0.0.100/24
           em1 pointing inside with 192.168.0.100/24 (also serves as DNS
and Gateway of the cloud)
2. One KVM hypervisor which has 1 NIC: em1 with 192.168.0.101/24
3. VMs created on KVM hypervisor will sit on the same network of
192.168.0.0/24

My question is when I configuring em1 on the KVM hypervisor, if I configure
it according to the
guide:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/latest/hypervisor/kvm.html
The network simply get down and the host could not be accessible through
ssh. The settings is as following, for option2, network works but could not
register my ISOs to the zone, so which option to take?(NAT already
configured on Management server so KVM hypervisor could access the internet)

KVM# cat /etc/network/interfaces

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

==============option 1================