Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Jens Grassel <je...@wegtam.com> on 2017/11/08 13:01:23 UTC

Cannot connect to Flink cluster (TTransportException)

Hi,

we've tried to connect to a flink (1.1.3) cluster (started with
`start-cluster.sh`) from zeppelin 0.7.3 (bin-all).
The cluster is running at localhost:6123 and we configured the
interpreter using:

[X] Connect to existing process
Host : localhost
Port : 6123

But if we try to run flink code from a notebook (for example the
included flink example notebook) we get the following error message:

<---snip--->

ERROR [2017-11-08 13:21:09,289] ({pool-2-thread-2} RemoteInterpreter.java[init]:236) - Failed to create interpreter: org.apache.zeppelin.flink.FlinkInterpreter
ERROR [2017-11-08 13:21:09,290] ({pool-2-thread-2} RemoteInterpreter.java[open]:275) - Failed to initialize interpreter: org.apache.zeppelin.flink.FlinkInterpreter. Remove it from interpreterGroup
ERROR [2017-11-08 13:21:09,300] ({pool-2-thread-2} Job.java[run]:188) - Job failed
org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.InterpreterException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
        at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreter.getFormType(RemoteInterpreter.java:450)
        at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.LazyOpenInterpreter.getFormType(LazyOpenInterpreter.java:111)
        at org.apache.zeppelin.notebook.Paragraph.jobRun(Paragraph.java:387)
        at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.Job.run(Job.java:175)
        at org.apache.zeppelin.scheduler.RemoteScheduler$JobRunner.run(RemoteScheduler.java:329)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException
        at org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.read(TIOStreamTransport.java:132)
        at org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransport.readAll(TTransport.java:86)
        at org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readAll(TBinaryProtocol.java:429)
        at org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readI32(TBinaryProtocol.java:318)
        at org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(TBinaryProtocol.java:219)
        at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:69)
        at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.thrift.RemoteInterpreterService$Client.recv_getFormType(RemoteInterpreterService.java:337)
        at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.thrift.RemoteInterpreterService$Client.getFormType(RemoteInterpreterService.java:323)
        at org.apache.zeppelin.interpreter.remote.RemoteInterpreter.getFormType(RemoteInterpreter.java:446)
        ... 11 more

<---snip--->

Any ideas? We haven't found anything online. :-(

Regards,

Jens

--
CTO, Wegtam GmbH, 08. Nebelung 2017, 13:53
Homepage : https://www.wegtam.com

Those who talk don't know.  Those who don't talk, know.

Re: Cannot connect to Flink cluster (TTransportException)

Posted by Jens Grassel <je...@wegtam.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, 08 Nov 2017 14:47:00 +0000
Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> wrote:

JZ> I think you misunderstand the connecting existing process, it means
JZ> connecting to an existing zeppelin interpreter process. Here it is
JZ> flink interpreter process. But seems
JZ> you are configure it to connect to flink cluster. I am not expert
JZ> in flink, for how to connect to flink cluster, someone else may be
JZ> able to help you.

thanks for the enlightenment. I already guessed that but it is good to
have this confirmed.

Is there a way to cluster zeppelin like flink?

On the other hand it would be great if there are resources how to
connect to an existing flink cluster because that is what we have
already. ;-)

Regards,

Jens

--
CTO, Wegtam GmbH, 09. Nebelung 2017, 08:13
Homepage : https://www.wegtam.com

Go to a movie tonight.
Darkness becomes you.

Re: Cannot connect to Flink cluster (TTransportException)

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

Jens Grassel <je...@wegtam.com>于2017年11月8日周三 下午10:00写道:

Posted by Jens Grassel <je...@wegtam.com>.

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
zeppelin-interpreter-flink-whatever.log  is what I mean

Jens Grassel <je...@wegtam.com>于2017年11月8日周三 下午9:42写道:

Posted by Jens Grassel <je...@wegtam.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.