Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Casey King <ck...@lovebox.com> on 2005/12/20 18:00:18 UTC

Testing meta rule

I am requesting someone to please send me an email from the SA users
list with a normal geocities conversation in the body of the message.  I
have created two rules, and I want to make sure all geocities emails are
tagged as spam, while at the same time, allowing SA users messages to be
allowed without spam tagging.

Thanks

Casey

Re: Testing meta rule

Posted by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net>.
On Tuesday 20 December 2005 12:05, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:00:18AM -0600, Casey King wrote:
>> have created two rules, and I want to make sure all geocities
>> emails are tagged as spam, while at the same time, allowing SA
>> users messages to be allowed without spam tagging.
>
>Why not just whitelist, or even better skip processing for, mails
> that come from users@spamassassin.apache.org ?

Thats what I did first off, what, a year ago? Its been relatively
benign here.

--
Cheers, Gene
People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should use this

RE: Testing meta rule

Posted by Casey King <ck...@LOVEBOX.COM>.
Because I was too narrow-minded to think about doing that...but thanks
for info.  I think that will be much better than the rule I created.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:00:18AM -0600, Casey King wrote:
> have created two rules, and I want to make sure all geocities emails
> are tagged as spam, while at the same time, allowing SA users messages

> to be allowed without spam tagging.

Why not just whitelist, or even better skip processing for, mails that
come from users@spamassassin.apache.org ?

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Act now and get a free gift with that tagline!

Re: Testing meta rule

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.