Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Swan <rs...@nskinc.com> on 2005/05/12 15:00:10 UTC

rule edit

I am having trouble with a custom rule and wondered if anyone know why
this didn't work. I have pasted an error from sa-learn and also the rule
below. I am running Redhat 9 and Spamassassin 3.0.3

invalid regexp for rule VIRUS_SOBER5: /*** Attachment-Scanner: Status
OK/i

body VIRUS_SOBER5               /*** Attachment-Scanner: Status OK/i

describe VIRUS_SOBER5           Body contains the string "***
Attachment-Scanner: Status OK"

score VIRUS_SOBER5              5

thanks in advance for not making fun of my inexperience,

Robert

Peace he would say instead of goodbye....peace my brother.

Re: rule edit

Posted by wolfgang <me...@gmx.net>.
hi Robert,

In an older episode (Thursday 12 May 2005 15:00), Robert Swan wrote:
> I am having trouble with a custom rule and wondered if anyone know why
> this didn't work. I have pasted an error from sa-learn and also the rule
> below. I am running Redhat 9 and Spamassassin 3.0.3
>

> invalid regexp for rule VIRUS_SOBER5: /*** Attachment-Scanner: Status
> OK/i

I assume, you want to detect the *** showing up in a mail.

try this:
body VIRUS_SOBER5               /\*\*\* Attachment-Scanner: Status OK/i

IMHO, you need to read more about regular expressions in perl, the character *
has a special meaning, so you need to escape it if you want it to be matched
by a regular expression.

Re: rule edit

Posted by Tim Jackson <li...@timj.co.uk>.
On Thu, 12 May 2005 09:00:10 -0400
"Robert Swan" <rs...@nskinc.com> wrote:

> I am having trouble with a custom rule and wondered if anyone know why
> this didn't work. I have pasted an error from sa-learn and also the
> rule below.
> body VIRUS_SOBER5               /*** Attachment-Scanner: Status OK/i

You need to escape the asterisks, i.e.:

body VIRUS_SOBER5               /\*\*\* Attachment-Scanner: Status OK/i

Tim