Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by er...@jpox.org on 2005/12/23 15:36:54 UTC

failover

Hi,

The standard allows setting up one data source per PMF. Failover mechanism to
recover from like "cannot obtain a connection" or "broken connections" are not
covered. Wouldn't be beneficial to cover such scenarios than upon failure will
switch to a backup data source?

Regards,

Erik Bengtson

Re: failover

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

I think it would be fine to raise a feature request on JIRA to track
it. I could see it in a future JDO spec being a standard set of
optional features given enough discussion.

Craig

On Dec 24, 2005, at 1:42 AM, erik@jpox.org wrote:

> Ok thanks. Do you think it should be considered for JDO 2.1 or 3? I
> can raise a JIRA feature request, so it might be easier to keep
> track later.
>

> Erik Bengtson

RE: failover

Posted by er...@jpox.org.