Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Naveen Narayanasamy <Na...@cmail.carleton.ca> on 2017/07/12 15:17:57 UTC

Error while executing vbox manage - Metron Ubuntu VM

Hello all,

I have been trying to install Metron on Ubuntu VM using the instructions given in the following link,

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=68718548

Metron 0.3.1 Install on Ubuntu/Debian single-node VM with ...<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=68718548>
cwiki.apache.org
These instructions are for an Ubuntu host, with occasional comments about how to do similar tasks in CentOS. It uses Metron's Vagrant support to launch a single-node ...

Now I'm getting this error while using "vagrant up" command for any module/platform

[cid:a6d8c51b-ab55-4bd2-8113-5bb0fff2e577]

Thanks

Naveen

Re: Error while executing vbox manage - Metron Ubuntu VM

Posted by Naveen Narayanasamy <Na...@cmail.carleton.ca>.
Hello ,

Thanks a lot Lauren Vets.

Yes.I just followed the instructions given in the link I shared.Didn't know that it won't work.Want to try install "Full development platfom" ,have you tried it? or which instructions you followed?

Naveen

________________________________
I think you're trying to run VirtualBox inside an Ubuntu VM, right? That's not going to work.

The instructions at the link you mention are for an Ubuntu host, not a VM.

Hello all,

[cid:1499873381596640653bf43847955175@daemon.be]

On 2017-07-12 08:17, Naveen Narayanasamy wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have been trying to install Metron on Ubuntu VM using the instructions given in the following link,
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=68718548
>
> Metron 0.3.1 Install on Ubuntu/Debian single-node VM with ... [1]
> cwiki.apache.org
> These instructions are for an Ubuntu host, with occasional comments about how to do similar tasks in CentOS. It uses Metron's Vagrant support to launch a single-node ...
>
> Now I'm getting this error while using "vagrant up" command for any module/platform
>
> Thanks
>
> Naveen

Links:
------