Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Huy K Dung <hd...@lending4all.com> on 2002/03/19 01:02:01 UTC

tomcat3-3.3a-2 doesn't load turbine-2.1

Hi,

I just installed tomcat3-3.3a-2 on my linux 7.2 system apache 1.3.20.  I
deployed two web apps that I have been developed and work with tomcat 3.2.3.
These two web apps deployed outside of webapps directory.

Tomcat seems to work ok since I can run jsp's from /examples and /admin
through port 8080.

Both of my web apps are recognized by apache and tomcat. The problem is that
as soon as they finish loading the index.html (which redirects to turbine),
I get a HTTP 404 Not Found. I check the tomcat.log and see the following
message:

2002-03-18 18:41:39 - Ctx(/[myapp]) : Class not found: turbine

Here is the partial of my web.xml:

<web-app>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
           turbine
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
            org.apache.turbine.Turbine
        </servlet-class>
         <init-param>
            <param-name>properties</param-name>
            <!-- This is relative to the docBase -->
            <param-value>
                WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties
            </param-value>
        </init-param>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>Turbine</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/turbine</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

I have all the jar files (turbine as well as other libraries) in
[myapp]/WEB-INF/lib directory.

Does anyone have the same problem that I am having? Please HELP!!! Thanks