Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pedro Salazar <pe...@ptinovacao.pt> on 2001/06/25 15:27:14 UTC

calling other servlets inside a servlet...

Greetings,

how can I call another servlet inside a servlet? And I would like to
have two options: one is that the servlet called is the final servlet,
and the other option is calling a servlet just to get a result
(outputstream) o the main servlet and continue processing the main servlet.
This is just a servlet question specification or it depends if I'm
working on tomcat or other product?

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.

Re: calling other servlets inside a servlet...

Posted by Andrey Kompaneev <ak...@alconssoft.ru>.
Hi

> how can I call another servlet inside a servlet? And I would like to
> have two options: one is that the servlet called is the final servlet,
> and the other option is calling a servlet just to get a result
> (outputstream) o the main servlet and continue processing the main servlet.
> This is just a servlet question specification or it depends if I'm
> working on tomcat or other product?
You'll be able to do it with dispathrequestor or HttpConnection method. See servlet-specifications Chapter #8.

Best regards,
Andrew Kompaneev, Expert.
AlconsSoft InformSystems Ltd.,
http://www.alconssoft.ru/eng