Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "hegerich, mike" <he...@emc.com> on 2003/04/22 15:04:23 UTC

RE: Tomcat not sending session cookies to IE

In case anyone is still wondering. This link points to the source of the
problem.
The basic issue is that a "patch" provided by Microsoft for IE 5.5 and 6.0
causes
cookies to be rejected from servers with non-alphanumeric characters, such
as "_"
in their names. In my case, I had two servers ecc_51 and ecc_rg, that were
both
exhibiting this problem. Session problems went away when names were modified
ecc51 and eccrg.

http://www.caucho.com/support/resin-interest/0209/0469.html

Regards,
Mike