Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Saurabh Nayak <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/17 18:24:11 UTC

I am trying to explore ofbiz please help me on these issues.

(1) partycontroller.xml has a view mapping with attribute page=" ".
     why it is used as it shows error when we pass request.
     It used in many *controller.xml files.

(2) what is the following  handlers
     simple-content      jasperreportspdf    screenfop    bsf
stream
     http                     jasperreportsxml    screentext  datavision
rome

(3) In view mapping what does mean of type="default"
                                                        type="screentext"
                                                       type="screenfop"
                                                       type="simple-contents

type="jasperreportspdf"
                                                       type="ftl"
(4) What does <default-request> tag?

(5) How can we identify in ofbiz that an entity has recursive relationship?

Re: I am trying to explore ofbiz please help me on these issues.

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hey Saurabh,
Read comments inline,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Saurabh Nayak <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (1) partycontroller.xml has a view mapping with attribute page=" ".
>     why it is used as it shows error when we pass request.
>     It used in many *controller.xml files.

  For reference you may look into the  "site-conf.xsd " the page attribute
of view-map tag will take string as its value. Which is in turn will be path
of the screen file with screen name (Generally).

> (2) what is the following  handlers
>     simple-content      jasperreportspdf    screenfop    bsf
> stream
>     http                     jasperreportsxml    screentext  datavision
> rome

 These are the handlers include in the controller of any webapp for handling
the request of respective types.

> (3) In view mapping what does mean of type="default"
>                                                        type="screentext"
>                                                       type="screenfop"
>                                                       type="simple-contents

> type="jasperreportspdf"
>                                                       type="ftl"

  This type of views are used to display the PDF views. For better
understanding  you may  trace one of this type request with views.

> (4) What does <default-request> tag?

I DO NOT KNOW CAN'T HELP YOU :(

> (5) How can we identify in ofbiz that an entity has recursive relationship?

When ever we talk about the Recursive relationship then it is exist in the
entity it self
If you see any entity which have the recursive relationship then it will
have relation with it self.
Now come to your question,
*"IF YOU SEE ANY ENTITY'S,  VIEW RELATION FROM WEBTOOLS THEN IT HAS A
RELATIONSHIP LIKE
ITS PRIMARY KEY RELATED TO SOME HOW ANOTHER ATTRIBUTE OF THAT SAME ENTITY"*
Whenever you get this type of relationship exists in any entity then you may
identify that entity has recursive relationship.