Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chuck Brinkman <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/11 08:41:48 UTC

about org.apache.wicket.extensions.markup.html.form.palette.Palette

As you can guess I'm new to wicket.  Seems very good so far.  I found this
Palette component and thought it might work well for me but I need to make
some modifications.  So I started to dig in.  I noticed that the component
uses js.  I thought wicket was just java and just html.  I do realize that
is a little but of marketing hype but could this component have been
implemented without any js?  I read this in the Palette.java source file:
The palette itself cannot be ajaxified because it is a panel and therefore
does not receive any javascript events.  I don't know what this means.  Does
this mean that the click events to move data around could not be sent to the
server?  Can this only be done using js?  Or was js selected because it
would be too slow otherwise?  If I just need to RTFM just say so.  I would
appreciate some insight if someone has time.  Thanks

Re: about org.apache.wicket.extensions.markup.html.form.palette.Palette

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you cannot do something like this:

palette.add(new ajaxformcomponentupdatingbehavior() {...})

instead you have to do it to one of the internal components which are
available via factory methods on Palette

-igor

Posted by Chuck Brinkman <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.