Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by zh...@chinatelecom.cn on 2020/03/04 09:15:58 UTC

[Consultation]Some questions about incubation steps

Hi, all,

I am a new man here. Nice to see you.

We are China Telecom Corporation Limited Cloud Computing Branch Corporation. We hope to contribute one of our projects​ name 'HBlock' to Apache.
Now we hope to get into the incubation steps.

We have prepare a proposal for this project, and before we propose it to the this mailing list, would you please let me know:
1. How long usually it takes from we propose it to the vote step?
2. During this process, do we need to provide any source code relate to the project?
3. During this process, do we need to add more members of this project to this mail list to answer questions from the incubator professors or only an interface person is enough?​

Best wishes.
Guochen.

Re: [Consultation]Some questions about incubation steps

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi Guochen,

It is not a prerequisite if the project has already established a good open
source community, but it is better usually.

A good open source community will help the project find champion and
mentors more easier and may reduce the incubation duration.

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2020年3月4日周三 下午5:29写道:

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.