Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by eric <fs...@centurytel.net> on 2002/12/10 08:08:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Can't locate API module structure 'config_log_module', error

Dear httpd of apache users:

  In my apache 2.0.43 on window32,
I have start or restart error on
can not locate API module structure 'config_log_module',  in file
C:/Apache2/modules/mod_log_config.so: No error

is that influence the external user can not access my website?,
before I add that module in my httpd.conf
I can access my site from my computer local computer,
but fail to let outsider access my site(I just discover tonight)

need any advancer or experiencer's help  urgently

sincere Eric

Re: [users@httpd] Can't locate API module structure 'config_log_module', error

Posted by Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>.
eric wrote:

>Dear Gary or any httpd's advancer:
>
>  Should I change my xp's computer name to www.mycompany.com?

Why would you ask this?  Your hostname has nothing to do with your
problem.  RTFM

>  or any setting is wrong to make outsider can not see my site, I go to
>portscan.com, to see my HTTP Header
>
>it is timeout.
>
>so it must have some mistake, (I always can reach my site from my local
>computer)

Please do not top post.

<snip>

>> >I can access my site from my computer local computer,
>> >but fail to let outsider access my site(I just discover tonight)
>>
>> Have you got a modicum of clue re how browsers and servers work?
>>
>> RTFM: http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/

Have you done this yet?

>> Do something on your own!  RTFM:
>>
>>      http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/misc/tutorials.html

Or this?

>> Haven't you said that you are using XP?  Doesn't that have a built-in
>> firewall?  Is port 80 open to the world?  Is there another firewall
>> blocking the world?

Well?  Is it?  Are they?

--
gt                         kk5st@sbcglobal.net
  Nielsen's First Law of Computer Manuals:

Re: [users@httpd] Can't locate API module structure 'config_log_module', error

Posted by eric <fs...@centurytel.net>.
Dear Gary or any httpd's advancer:

  Should I change my xp's computer name to www.mycompany.com?

  or any setting is wrong to make outsider can not see my site, I go to
portscan.com, to see my HTTP Header

it is timeout.

so it must have some mistake, (I always can reach my site from my local
computer)

pease help very urgent

sincere ERic

Posted by Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>.