Posted to announce@apache.org by Anthony Baker <ab...@apache.org> on 2017/04/04 14:31:52 UTC

[CVE-2017-5649] Apache Geode information disclosure vulnerability

CVE-2017-5649: Apache Geode information disclosure vulnerability

Severity:  Medium
Base score:  5.5 (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:L)

Vendor:
The Apache Software Foundation

Versions Affected:
Geode 1.1.0

When a cluster has enabled security by setting the security-manager
property, a user should have DATA:READ permission to view data stored
in the cluster.  However, if an authenticated user has CLUSTER:READ
but not DATA:READ permission they can access the data
browser page in Pulse.  From there the user could execute an OQL query
that exposes data stored in the cluster.

Mitigation:
1.1.0 users should upgrade to 1.1.1

Credit:
This issue was discovered by Jinmei Liao.

Re: [DISCUSS] security threats (was Re: [CVE-2017-5649] Apache Geode information disclosure vulnerability)

Posted by William Markito Oliveira <wi...@gmail.com>.
Looks like a great wiki page to me. ;)

Cool summary Anthony!

Sent from my iPhone