Posted to user@struts.apache.org by little_fish <ji...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/30 12:54:35 UTC

Question: i18n in struts 2 + velocity

I'm trying struts 2, and using velocity 1.4 and velocity-tools 1.3 (for some
cool stuff like struts-menu). i18n in struts 2 is quite simple and straight
forward. I put "struts.custom.i18n.resources = ... " in struts.properties,
and it worked perfectly.

However, I couldn't figure out how to do i18n in menu templates which fed
velocity. All examples and tutorials are for struts 1.x, i.e, put  things in
struts-config.xml. I also tried AppFuse, but didn't get it work. :(

I configured toolbox.xml to use MessageTool (text) and put a line like "#set
$title = $text.Home" in velocity template. Though no error messages, the
output wasn't right.

Could somebody help me on this? Many thanks!