Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/26 04:12:59 UTC

Basic question

  job.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);
job.setOutputValueClass(IntWritable.class);

Does this mean the input to the reducer should be Text/IntWritable or
the output of the reducer is Text/IntWritable?

What is the inverse of this.. setInputKeyClass/setInputValueClass? Is
this inferred by the JobInputFormatClass? Would someone mind briefly
explaining?

Thanks

Re: Basic question

Posted by James Seigel <ja...@tynt.com>.
The output of the reducer is Text/IntWritable.

To set the "input" to the reducer you set the mapper output classes.

Cheers
James

Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the typos.