Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by mgiedt <mg...@quantmodel.com> on 2007/11/13 20:47:53 UTC

GzipHandler

I did some poking around and couldn't find a protocol handler for GZip so I
created this one. Would very much welcome the communities feedback; MINA
team the code is yours to do whatever you wish. (rename the file to
'gzip.zip', bob's your uncle.)

Regards,
-Matt

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13733185/gzip.zip.rename gzip.zip.rename

Re: GzipHandler

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,

On Nov 14, 2007 4:47 AM, mgiedt <mg...@quantmodel.com> wrote:

> I did some poking around and couldn't find a protocol handler for GZip so I
> created this one. Would very much welcome the communities feedback; MINA
> team the code is yours to do whatever you wish. (rename the file to
> 'gzip.zip', bob's your uncle.)

Thank you very much for your contribution first of all! :D

However, would you mind if you can create a JIRA issue and attach that
file there?  You have to grant license to the ASF for your work
(gzip.zip) when you attach a file.  I know it's pain in the butt, but
that's the way how legal stuff works.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: GzipHandler

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:47:53 -0800 (PST)
mgiedt <mg...@quantmodel.com> wrote:

> I did some poking around and couldn't find a protocol handler for
> GZip so I created this one. Would very much welcome the communities
> feedback; MINA team the code is yours to do whatever you wish.
> (rename the file to 'gzip.zip', bob's your uncle.)
>
> Regards,
> -Matt
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p13733185/gzip.zip.rename gzip.zip.rename
Hi,
Thanks for the patch, but why a codec ? it's not a feature you expect
to be implemented as a IoFiler like the Zlib based compression
filter, for being used with any protocol ?

Julien