Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/11/17 22:22:47 UTC

[drlvm][x86_64] test status

I'll throw up a wiki page on this, but here's where we are now.  I
committed H-2224, which excluded stack tests on x86_64 (and LOS on windows)

c-unit tests : pass

smoke : pass (now that stack related are not run...)

kernel :

w/ jet

     [junit] Test java.lang.ClassAnnotationsTest FAILED
     [junit] Test java.lang.reflect.FieldTest FAILED
     [junit] Test org.apache.harmony.lang.annotation.AllTypesTest FAILED

w/ opt

     [junit] Test java.lang.ClassAnnotationsTest FAILED
     [junit] Test java.lang.ClassLoaderTest FAILED
     [junit] Test java.lang.reflect.FieldTest FAILED
     [junit] Test org.apache.harmony.lang.annotation.AllTypesTest FAILED

w/ interpreter

     ALL PASS

Why no JVMTI tests?

Re: [drlvm][x86_64] test status

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Saturday 18 November 2006 00:22 Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> I'll throw up a wiki page on this, but here's where we are now.  I
> committed H-2224, which excluded stack tests on x86_64 (and LOS on windows)
>

> c-unit tests : pass
>
> smoke : pass (now that stack related are not run...)
>
> kernel :
>
> w/ jet
>
>      [junit] Test java.lang.ClassAnnotationsTest FAILED
>      [junit] Test java.lang.reflect.FieldTest FAILED
>      [junit] Test org.apache.harmony.lang.annotation.AllTypesTest FAILED
>

> w/ opt
>
>      [junit] Test java.lang.ClassAnnotationsTest FAILED
>      [junit] Test java.lang.ClassLoaderTest FAILED
>      [junit] Test java.lang.reflect.FieldTest FAILED
>      [junit] Test org.apache.harmony.lang.annotation.AllTypesTest FAILED
>
> w/ interpreter
>
>      ALL PASS
>

> Why no JVMTI tests?

I've excluded them so far because one single test which enables all JVMTI
capabilities like field watching, method enter/exit, etc fails on assertion.
It doesn't seem to be a direct JVMTI fault (some stub fails to be generated)
but since I've made JVMTI tests to fail on any event this may prevent on
increasing stability for other tests.

I'm going to investigate the problem for JVMTI test and try to fix it. Then if
it works, I'll enable them for x86_64. But this should be done carefully
because JVMTI is not yet implemented for 64-bit cleanly, breakpoints and
single step won't work for sure since they rely on instrumentation of JIT
generated code, assembly is different on x64_64 and low level breakpoints
support will have to be implemented.

On interpreter support is platform independent, so maybe I'll enable the test
for interpreter only when I understand what's wrong with failing assertion.