Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/03 11:14:32 UTC

[TRANSLATION] Update

Hi folks,

The 4.2 branch has been cut and work is in progress for this new release.

The translation work is on-going but I wanted to give everyone a quick update.

The UI translation is doing great, see the completion at:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/08b1gqa1bb

The Quick Install Guide (aka runbook) has several translation complete:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/08b1gqae94

Note that the 4.1.x branch has now a QIG as well, and we will work on the 4.2 version.

The entire documentation needs some love:
http://awesomescreenshot.com/03b1gqapc8

If you want to help out, see this screencast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coVeK1QuIxM&list=PLb899uhkHRoZCRE00h_9CRgUSiHEgFDbC&index=2

and the accompanying slides:
http://www.slideshare.net/sebastiengoasguen/how-to-translate-apache-cloudstack-docs

The 4.2 release plan:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Cloudstack+4.2+Release

You will see that the docs completion target is set for July 29th. And translators should have a dedicated two weeks early August. Of course, this is an on-going effort, so get started now :)

Thanks for your help and get the word out, it's an easy way to get involved in the community.

Cheers,

-Sebastien